How to increase traffic has been the biggest dilemma for the bloggers and website owners, increase web traffic by simple website optimization. Increasing traffic to your website will be easy if you consider the tips in this post. There are many different ways, some will cost you and some won’t. But the actual base line is you can do it yourself without paying anyone.
The most important thing to be kept in mind :
Deliver original and quality content on your website. This is the most effective and best way to drive traffic to your website. Don’t copy someone else content as it will not increase your traffic rather you will face low page rank problems. Offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it drives traffic to your website. Ways to make your content unique and of higher quality, you should include:
1. Creating Content which is helpful and useful, simply copying the content will not generate traffic. You should create content which fulfills the requirements of the user like solving a problem, be entertained, find out quality news or create a good laugh.
2. Keep it updated, your content should be fresh and new. It is necessary for repeated visits. Update your website regularly or at least once in a week to keep it fresh.
3. Poor spelling and Grammar reflects a bad impression on the visitors, it gives a negative impact on the readers. So have a re-check on what you right or else get a proofreader to read and correct it for you. Use spell checker tool like “spell checker” to correct your grammatical mistakes.
4. Avoid Content Generators, in the past few years Internet has developed a lot. So using content generators won’t make any sense. Create a team of yours to develop the content.
5. The Copy-Paste won’t work, search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc. are programmed enough to check the duplicate content and remove your site from the top pages. Search engines like google have penalties for duplicate content.
The Second thing you should work on:
Improve your search engine ranking, adding your site on the most popular search engines, links to add your website to popular search engines are given below:
1. Google (Add url to google) 2. Bing (Add url to Bing) 3. Yahoo! (Add url to Yahoo) 4. Ask (Add url to Ask)
Improve your search engine ranking by stuffing your content with keywords. To improve content quality use keywords. Enrich your content with keywords, use words generally used by users to search. Good keywords are selected by thinking the search made by users. Use easy words to make it readable for all the users. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, just use the words used by users of all ages. Over dozing the site with keywords will lead your site to low rankings, as search engines will consider it as a spam.
At last also do fill the Meta Tag and meta description of the pages. It is used by search engines, and drives heavy amount of traffic. Filling them increase the traffic by 70% but make sure that you fulfill the above things.
Get Linked is also a most important part of website. Exchange links of your website from other pages. It also get good traffic to your website. Creating backlinks will increase search engine ranking. But too much of backlinks on a single website lower your search engine rankings. Give a maximum of 10 backlinks to a single website, make many backlinks on diffrent sites.
Summit your articles on website which accept article submission. This again will create a backlink.
If you are having a local website, use local resources such as clubs, libraries and community centers for non-profit website awareness raising.
Participate in forum activities, and post answers to peoples questions, helping others will make you grow traffic. Make good questions on boards and leave a signature with a website link for traffic Boost.
Advertise your site at free classified ad sites. There are many of these on the net. Some of the more popular ones are craigslist, inetgiant, freeadvertisingforum, and gumtree.
Give Free Stuff, who doesn’t lie free stuff? Giving away free stuff will increase the visits, as they would be hunting for more and more free stuff.
Create a Contest by making your site interesting and give away free invitations or loin’s to sites. For example give invitations of Demonoid and other things. People are crazy for the stuff which is not easily available.
Publicize your website, on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Orkut and other social networking sites. It will increase a lot of visitors. Facebook drives majority traffic, twitter also create good traffic.
Be patient, search engines take lot of time to index new domains, so please wait, and be patient. In the meantime, continue to add high quality content to your website and keep it up to date and relevant.
1. Please don’t ever spam, Your credibility will be gone before you know it and you will lose traffic too.
2. Don’t get in website content generators, they lower your traffic by counting it as duplicate content.
3. Don’t get fooled by traffic increase programs, if you want to spend money try spending them on advertisements. Try Google adwords for this purpose. Do not be fooled by those traffic sellers promising thousands of hits an hour. What they really do is load up your URL in a program, along with a list of proxies. They just ping your website from different IP’s and don’t even visit them.
You are done with optimizing your website for free, Happy Blogging.