Bored with old and fuzzy look of windows? Want to try something new and cool. Linux Mint is just the thing you are looking for, with elegant looks, easy to use and an amazing Graphic User Interface(GUI). Read The Top 10 reasons to switch to Linux from windows.
Linux Mint is pretty much same as windows, although it has many extra pre-installed features. The Linux Mint has no hardware issues, it runs smoothly on low system requirements.
The top 10 Reasons why you should switch to Linux Mint:
1.Look and Feel: Linux Mint has awesome looks, the GUI is very good as compared to older Linux versions. The Mint has a fully customizable desktop like windows changing wallpapers, desktop shortcuts etc. The Linux Mint has Mint Menu which is fully customizable, with different layout views. It is a much improved version of Linux with easy task performing. As compared to windows it is way better.
2.Pre-Installed Application’s: It is packed with many Applications for common use, you don’t have to spend time installing Acrobat reader, K-lite Codec packs, wifi cards, drivers, Firefox, Software Updater and much more. Once you install you have all the basic applications installed. This saves a good time.
3. Switching Over From Windows is easy: Switching from windows is easy job. Backup all your files in a drive and make a partition for Mint(minimum 20GB). Burn the Linux Mint Disc and boot from the disk and start the installation. The installation is similar to Windows but for partition table you have to choose between different formats. The best recommended is ext3 format. Don’t worry about your other partitions, they will be in access from Linux mint.
4. Easy Management: Linux Mint has tools for easy management of your computer. There are tools to control the working, speed and storage of your computer just like windows. There are mini tools like MintMake, MintUpdate, MintMenu, MintAssistant, MintConfig etc. These tools make Mint fully custom, just the way you like.
5. Forum Support: Though it is new, its forums has all the information you will ever need. The Forums has quality answers to support your issue. The support is good and fast. If you have some issues you can report them and soon they will give you a fix.
6. They Implement: Have an idea? Just write to the Linux team, if its good they will implement it in few weeks and will add up in the next releases. That’s the power of open-source. They respect everyone’s view and work on it to make it better.
7. Run Windows Application’s: For running windows application’s on Linux there are no. of ways. Its up to you which method you choose. You can have a Dual Boot, use Visualization tools or use emulators like Wine-HQ.
8. System Requirements: System requirements are low, it does not require high system configurations like Windows and Mac. So if you don’t have high end graphic cards or GB’s of RAM you can still run Mint smoothly.
9. Different Architecture Options: The version of Linux mint 7 codename “Gloria” is available in both 32bit as well as 64bit versions. So if you have a 32bit processor, you can still install Mint.
10. Open-Source: The best thing in Linux mint is, it is free for use. You don’t need to pay like windows or Mac OS X. You get all support and software’s free from the website. So why not, give it a try.
Download Linux Mint 32 bit Version: Download x86 iso
Download Linux Mint 64 bit Version: Download x64 iso
Have my word, once you get your hands on it, you wont switch back to windows. It will be an addiction.